Sigh, misread!

1/9/10
I'm very satisfied with my poker for the moment, I've done plenty of interesting reads lately. Most of them correctly, often based on details like betting patterns and unexpected betting amounts. I got pretty confused a few times though.


The reason why I read jullum so weirdly is because I know him well, he's a experienced grinder and I didn't expect him to make such big mistakes. When he min-raised me postflop I were pretty sure that he just tried to steal the pot. My C-bet was very expected, and I knew that he knew that. Why would he just min-raise the pot if he had top pair? The only hands that made real sense was a flopped straight or air. Any pair, two pair or trips should be raised much more according to the scary board. I really don't know if he played it bad or totally brilliant! Anyway, he took my chips.


Even though jullum is a good player, I respect IsanI even more.
When he bet so small at every street, i couldn't see anything else than him holding nuts trying to make me raise him. The situation was so weird, and I couldn't put him on a queen. It didn't made any sense, so i choose to just call him afraid to face a deuce. I were totally wrong and later I've thought through the hand a plenty of times, and I starting to understand why he bet such small amounts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hand vs IslaI was pretty weird but I see why he bets minimum. He was at the BB and hits 2-pair on flop with a bad kicker. Maybe he should raise just a little more on flop to get rid of people with hands like A7 who doesnt want to fish for a hit.

Nice river for you, sometimes you get lucky!

Thx for a nice blog, keep it up!! :)

traanquilize said...

Exactly, but one thing I didn't mentioned in the post made me really confused, and pretty sure of that he didn't had a queen. He was certainly 100% sure that I didn't had the case deuce since I limped in middle position. Which means he almost had the nuts, only jacks or queens could beat him. Both very unlikely for me to hold because there's just two queens left, and the jack hit the river. So i thought like this: He didn't bluff, he had no queen, he gotta slowplay quads! The only thing that made any kind of sense. Well, I were wrong and this hand makes me sick... It took one minute to play and two days to think through!

Post a Comment

Poker Quiz