Jeff Madsen making a bad move?

1/31/10


Got dealt Kings UTG, and since there was a bunch of LAG guys on the table I chose to limp in hoping for a opportunity to reraise. To my surprise Jeff raised to 5 BB after me and another limper.
In this spot, I put him on a strong hand like AK, QQ, or AA.
A push here might be a preferred move, but since the second limper was a terrible player I chose to make a weak raise, hoping him to call and Jeff to push for more value.
Unfortunately he folded, but Jeff pushed showing me T♣T♦!!! Well, he sucked me out...
In my opinion he made a huge misstake, I showed a lot of strength limp-reraising UTG, and his tens is at best flipping against AK at this point.
When I discussed the hand with Vierika, he told me that Jeff was appointed as player of the year at WSOP 06. I laughed and thought he was joking, but after some investigation I found out that he wasn't one of those bad FT pros who has won a tournament by luck and get sponsored. He's a respected PRO, I can't really give him too much cred though... I've played a lot against him and he's done a several big mistakes. I'm waiting for my next chance to kick his ass.

What's your opinion about Jeff's move?

2 comments:

Cabby1979 said...

He played it 100 Correct. Reraising in his position was correct. He puts dude on ak or qq at best and loses to the set on the turn. Call it a bad beat or call it bad luck but its all the same. He called the all in with premium cards KK and still lost. Seems to happen way more frequently online so I keep my loot in play on live games only now due to these bad suckouts.

traanquilize said...

No offence, but I would really like you to explain your comment Cabby. The thing is that it's so obvius I had AA or KK, he knows that im a very tight grinder. Since it's a sng with ICM structure it's pathetic to hope for a flip against AK. A flip would result in -ev, and taking a very likely risk to face overpocket would be terrible. After studying Collin Moshman's books about sng strategy I'm 100% sure that Collin himself would laugh after watching Jeff making this move!

Post a Comment

Poker Quiz